Chard, Somerset, United Kingdom
Modus is a highly respected, award-winning contemporary furniture brand, designing, manufacturing and selling its own ranges for home and commercial use. Clients include multi-national companies, British icons, architects, office and workspace interiors and luxury hotels around the world. We work with some of the world’s most renowned designers to produce furniture of an exceptionally high standard in terms of design and quality whilst keeping our footprint as light as possible.
We are an established team of dynamic professionals working in a fast paced, stimulating environment in fabulous, architect designed, custom built offices and production facilities set in one of the most scenic rural locations you could imagine.
Heading up a multi-disciplinary design department, working on large scale interior projects and product development. The role will include managing a team of designers and cad technicians who are working on production drawings, NPD (new product development) for both brand catalogue products and bespoke project specific products as well as space planning & Interiors for large hospitality and residential projects. You will liaise directly with Key corporate clients at, project managers and designers alike.
Your role will include:
- managing a team of designer and CAD technicians
- point of contact for external clients and our own sales team and operations teams
- ensuring the smooth running of the department and allocation of resources
- reporting to the operations and managing director
- overseeing space planning and interior layout on a large scale, concepts, presentations, M&E drawings, GA floor plans
- overseeing the development of existing and new brand products
- overseeing the design and develop new bespoke products as part of an on-going development of existing products for specific projects, or to form a commercial offer on a new project
- to manage communications with external clients, contractors and designers on projects
- to monitor the quality of product produced
- to liaise with, and advise, the Production Department on developmental aspects of new designs and
- to act as a point of contact with external suppliers on related issues where necessary
You need experience in:
- managing a team of creative individuals
- 3D Studio Max
- Indesign, illustrator & Photoshop
You need to be:
- an excellent person manager
- have strong commercial understanding
- be able to communicate with clients at a senior management and directorial level
- super organised, with an ability to multi task, project managea and prioritise
- dynamic, highly motivated and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- reliable, committed and a good decision maker
- a thorough understanding knowledge of the design, furniture and hospitality industries
- professional, friendly and able to work well within a team
- be ambitious, enthusiastic and pro-active with a can-do attitude and hands on approach
- experienced in product and interior design
- a first class communicator, both verbal and written
- had experience of reporting to senior management
You will be part of a dynamic, highly-motivated, growing team of individuals working within one of the most highly respected British design brands with an open, progressive and forward looking attitude. You will be working in a stunning, rural environment with fabulous views over rolling countryside in a large, light, bright, beautifully designed, open office workspace. You will have access to a fun social calendar, mobile phone, laptop, pension and private healthcare.
Application deadline: 31 March 2017
How to apply
Please send your CV and current salary package to firstname.lastname@example.org.