London, United Kingdom
Aedas London is an award winning international design agency going through an exciting period of growth, with a huge amount of experience in the hospitality, residential and workplace sectors. We have several large scale projects upcoming so new starters would have the opportunity to work on a project from start to completion.
Designers seeking to work at Aedas London should have strong creative drive whole also considering commercial project requirements such as budget and programme.
At Aedas we focus on place responsive design to trigger innovative techniques in spatial and design reasoning, challenging cultural norms while also realising projects to their highest potential aspiration. Our approach is primarily collaborative working with design teams across the globe.
We are an international company, and our clients benefit from global standards of design and a multinational team.
Aedas is unique. Aedas is different.
We are looking for an FF&E designer with a minimum of three years experience in the residential/hospitality sector. Designers with retail/F&B experience are an added bonus.
Main tasks and responsibilities
To assist in providing knowledge in FF&E selection, liaising with suppliers, to assist either in a team on larger scale projects, or across projects depending on the requirements, with the view that the FF&E designer integrates the furniture selection with the broader design strategy.
This role can be limited to FF&E selection or can be wider depending on experience and desire to work on detail drawing packages or concept design depending on project requirements.
- dependable and experienced FF&E designer
- minimum of three years’ experience working on high-end hotel and luxury residential projects
- experience and knowledge of furniture technical specification
- experience in preparing elegant sample boards
- understanding FF&E procurement process
- imagination, flair, an eye for detail and speed of thought are very important for us
- creative and self-motivated team member
- InDesign, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop
- Microsoft packages including Excel
- supplier database and knowledge of FF&E manufacturers and innovative materials
- other Microsoft packages
- hand sketching
- knowledge of furniture construction with a good understanding of fabric and material interfaces and details
- minimum three years’ in high-end hospitality / residential sector
- BA honour's degree or similar in interior design/architecture
Software skills: InDesign, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop
Salary: Dependant on experience
Job level: Junior/mid level
Job type: Permanent
We note we are focusing on interior designers/interior architects, and are not advertising for architecture positions at this juncture, please only send your CV and portfolio if you are interested in pursuing Interior design focused projects.
Application deadline: 10 April 2017
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email email@example.com, stating ‘FF&E designer ID position’ in the subject and include a cover letter, CV and portfolio excerpts.