Head of sales
London, United Kingdom
Pinch is a British furniture design brand, created by Russell Pinch and Oona Bannon. For 14 years we have been designing award winning, genre defining, contemporary furniture and lighting, and are now offering an extremely responsible, yet exciting job in one of the UK’s most prestigious, creative and successful furniture brands.
Having designed and sold directly from our studio in Clapham, we are now opening a shop off Pimlico Road; London’s premier destination for interior design, art and fine furniture. We are looking for a head of sales who will help us define and implement our sales culture and ambition. Leading our small, skilled sales team, they will ensure our clients are excellently serviced and inspired, and will mentor and work with our team to ensure all sales and commissions are well managed, perfectly delivered, and accurately reported, through our established internal systems.
Our customer base spans public, interior design, and contract clients, as well as a select number of leading international design stores, who represent us globally. We sell from an extensive held stock collection, with a large proportion of made to order pieces, including many customised designs, passing though our studio. Everyone in our business is required to be a dynamic thinker, motivated by a desire to do things well, and a drive to work together whilst enjoying the process.
Our successful candidate will have a minimum of three to five years senior sales experience within furniture or an equivalent industry, and an understanding of the A&D markets. They will have a strong commercial focus, balanced with proven people skills and a passion for contemporary design, particularly at the luxury end.
Pinch is a company with an uncompromising idea of what makes a perfect piece of furniture. We are looking for a positive, energetic and experienced individual who is looking for an opportunity to thrive in representing our business, and be instrumental in helping us continue to grow small, whilst being recognised for delivering a product and representing a brand that is world class.
Key areas of activity:
- drive customer satisfaction
- develop existing client relationships
- engage and present to new clients, in and out of shop
- lead sales team
- monitor profitability and discount structures
- participate in pricing and budget reviews
- service sales, alongside sales team
- responsible for shop presentation and operations
- represent Pinch at trade shows and events in the UK and abroad
- collaborate in approaching new business opportunities
- experienced, mentoring manager
- detail orientated and highly motivated
- financially fluent
- strong understanding of product fabrication
- Apple Mac and Microsoft office proficient
- experienced with Inventory and retail management systems
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- fluent in English
This is a full-time position based in our Pimlico Shop. Shorter Saturdays, with Friday in lieu are rotated amongst the team.
Remuneration is commensurate to experience.
Application deadline: 17 April 2017