1.61 London is seeking a fully qualified interior architect to join its expanding team in London.
1.61 London is a globally accredited and award-winning luxury interior design house and property development firm located in Mayfair, London, specialising in handling various complex, ambitious and discreet residential projects. The company is significantly growing year on year and experiences high demand both in the UK and globally. Due to this ongoing success, we are now seeking a talented interior architect who is excited to work in a small studio with a strong commercial mentality during a period of significant growth.
The successful candidate will have proven technical knowledge and can produce a set of detailed elevations and tender drawings for project implementation.
Candidates are required to have excellent proficiency in AutoCAD, as well as exceptional organisational and administrative skills. You will be a key part of the team supporting the needs of the lead creative director and co-founder, working closely with our architect to deliver multiple projects. The work culture is dynamic and fast-paced. Please note that this is not a remote position and only London-based applicants will be considered.
Role responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- preparing detailed design and tender drawings using AutoCAD
- development of 2D elevations
- producing detailed joinery drawings
- reviewing and approving supplier and contractor drawings
- designing custom furniture and producing detailed furniture drawings for pricing
- working closely with the 3D visualiser to produce high-quality final images and visuals for planning/marketing/client approval
- working closely with the creative director and the design team
- communicating closely with external consultants, contractors, lighting designers and architects to ensure drawings are coordinated
- attending client and site meetings when required
We are looking for candidates with:
- degree in interior design or architecture
- at least five years’ design experience in UK high-end residential interiors, in particular working within the luxury and super-prime property sector
- competency in AutoCAD
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- well-organised and reliable; a self-starter able to manage workloads and effectively prioritise
- strong understanding of all the different levels of building and design
- ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality at all times
- experience in lighting design is a plus
Upon passing probation, candidates can enjoy the following benefits in addition to a competitive salary:
- membership to luxury gym or private members club
- lucrative bonus scheme
1.61 London offers competitive salary packages in line with seniority and experience.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom