1.61 London is seeking a senior interior designer to join its expanding team in London.
1.61 London is a globally accredited and award-winning luxury interior design house and property development firm located in Mayfair, London, specialising in handling various complex, ambitious and discreet residential projects.
The company is significantly growing year on year and experiences high demand both in the UK and globally. Due to this ongoing success, we are now seeking a talented Senior Interior Designer who is excited to work in a design studio with a strong commercial mentality during a period of significant growth.
The successful candidate will have an innovative approach to design, leadership qualities and a commitment to excellence, coupled with proven technical knowledge.
As a senior interior designer, you will be working closely alongside the lead creative director and co-founder. You will be required to put together presentations, attend client meetings and produce detailed CAD drawings as required. The position is both operational and client-facing and the work culture is dynamic and fast-paced. Please note that this is not a remote position and only London-based applicants will be considered.
Role responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- development of new concepts, materials and colour palettes
- FF&E sourcing
- arrangement of furniture layouts
- development of 2D elevations, joinery and upholstery drawings
- preparing drawings using AutoCAD
- preparing client presentations
- attending site visits, meeting with suppliers and contractors when needed and negotiating supplier contracts
- managing budgets
- preparation and management of schedules
- coordinating logistics and deliveries
We are looking for candidates with:
- design experience in UK high-end residential projects, in particular working within the luxury and super-prime property sector
- experience in on-site implementation
- excellent AutoCad skills
- competency in Adobe Suite, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- well-organised and reliable; able to manage workloads and effectively prioritise
- strong understanding of all the different levels of building and design
- ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality at all times
Upon passing probation, candidates can enjoy the following benefits in addition to a competitive salary:
- membership to luxury gym or private members club
- lucrative bonus scheme
1.61 London offers competitive salary packages in line with seniority and experience.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom