3s Architects is seeking a senior project architect to join its team in London.
Due to the expanding workload on a few new build projects, 3s Architects is hiring a senior post-Part 3 project architect to join its team in Richmond, London.
We are looking for an experienced design-driven project architect with a technical and design focus to join our team in a senior position. The successful candidate will work closely with the directors to run projects as well as contribute to other schemes and oversee the work of other team members as needed. You will lead individual projects through all RIBA stages – from initial concept design to submission of planning applications to development of technical design and implementation stages, including site and contract administration.
The right candidate will receive an above average salary with bonus incentives as well as an opportunity to grow short to midterm within the practice to an associate position.
3s Architects is a small, design-lead award-winning architectural RIBA practice based in central Richmond, Southwest London. We specialise in high-quality contemporary residential projects including new build houses, refurbishments and extensions of period properties as well as mixed-use developments and other commercial projects.
With hundreds of completed residential properties in and around London, the UK and a growing portfolio of overseas projects, we pride ourselves in designing to a high standard at all stages. Our approach and work seek innovative contemporary solutions, are authentic with a clear architectural concept and are keen on implementing high-quality materials.
Education and experience
The perfect candidate must be an ARB RIBA registered architect with minimum five plus years’ post Part 3 UK experience.
You will demonstrate proven record of running residential and mixed-use projects, including developing detailed technical proposals with a high level of design and substantial site experience.
- proven track record in design and construction drawings and detailing of completed private residential houses and mixed-use developments
- work on selected projects RIBA stages minimum one to five
- efficient and well structured, organised, can multi-task whilst managing time and workload
- excellent communication skills with clients and within the practice
- good sketching and presentation skills
- experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a professional manner
- experience in working with consultants and leading the design team
- excellent knowledge of UK statutory regulations and RIBA job stages
- natural attention to detail across all aspects of design
- experienced knowledge of products and specification
- proven site and contract administration experience
- proficiency in CAD, preferably knowledge of Vectorworks 2D and 3D as well as 3D modelling
- developing detailed designs including initial architectural design concepts, planning applications, the preparation of technical packages, detailing, written scope of works/NBS specifications, schedules, tender packages
- tendering projects and evaluations
- site role and contract administration
- liaising with consultants and leading the process to coordinate designs
- communicating with private and commercial clients to develop the designs maintaining the vision of the project and to achieve sign-offs
- growing and maintaining new and existing supplier relationships
- specifying products and materials and coordinating within designs
- working closely with the directors to oversee projects and the work of other team members
- mentoring and directing junior and middleweight designers
- Vectorworks CAD
- 3D SketchUp
- render software
- Word, Excel and other Microsoft programs
Please include your CV, example portfolio of both design and detailed technical work, and a cover letter, including salary expectations and availability. Please submit your application via the apply for job button below.
3s Architects is a part of visa sponsorship programme. If you are a skilled senior architect from Germany, Switzerland or Austria, please contact us and we can discuss you coming to the UK.
We regret that due to the volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job types: full-time, permanent
Salary: from £45,000.00 per year
- yearly bonus
- company events
- pension scheme
- private health insurance