6a architects has an opportunity for a PA and project administrator to join its London team.
6a architects is looking for a dynamic, proactive and switched on PA and project administrator to support the directors and wider studio in the daily running of a busy architecture practice. The position is integral to the studio and the successful individual will work closely with the two founding directors and colleagues, providing administrative assistance across a range of projects. German language skills will be considered favourably, as one of the directors teaches at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. The role will suit someone with a genuine passion for architecture and/or the arts who is keen to be at the heart of a fast-paced creative environment and enjoys a multi-faceted role.
Hours: 9am-6pm, Mon – Fri
Salary: 22-28k per annum dependent on experience.
The PA and project administrator role is diverse with a range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- arranging domestic and international travel for the directors and studio
- scheduling meetings and managing the directors’ hectic diaries in Outlook
- drafting and responding to correspondence on behalf of the directors
- editing essays, lectures and other texts
- assisting with Swiss university arrangements (scheduling visiting lecturers, external events, etc.)
Project administration and PR coordination
- researching, writing and formatting PPQs/EOIs
- coordinating text and image assets from colleagues
- liaising with the external PR firm to ensure the accurate and timely supply of press assets
- submitting project tender and award applications online
- layout and production of practice literature (profiles booklets, project pamphlets etc) in InDesign
- coordinating and assisting with press events
- regularly updating the website
- answering calls and taking messages for colleagues
- acting as gatekeeper, screening all calls and requests to directors
- preparing for studio visits and meetings
- taking minutes, typing up notes and distributing actions
The successful application will have the following skills and attributes:
- highly organised and pro-active
- an ability to manage multiple complex projects and diaries with changing priorities and deadlines
- the ability to act with discretion at all times
- strong writing skills and close attention to detail in all work
- Adobe InDesign skills (other Creative Suite skills useful)
- German language skills are an advantage
- a genuine interest in and enthusiasm for architecture, the arts and the wider world
- previous experience in a similar role
To apply, please send a CV (no more than two pages) and a short covering letter outlining your suitability and relevant experience for this specific role to using the ‘apply’ link below.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so early applications are advised.