8 Holland Street is seeking an interior designer to join its team in London.
Who we are
8 Holland Street is a gallery, design store and interior design studio, specialising in European art, furniture and design from 1900 onwards, alongside objects and textiles from across the globe.
This is a unique opportunity to join a young and growing interior design studio, based in our London Gallery.
We are seeking a dynamic interior designer with two years’ experience to contribute to exciting interior projects across residential and commercial projects in the UK and abroad. Working alongside our design director and our founder, you will be involved with projects from concept to completion, embracing and implementing the company aesthetic. A refined eye, acute attention to detail and the ability to hit the ground running are a must.
Current projects include multiple show units and creative direction for the redevelopment of Folkestone Seafront, a family home in Islington, a townhouse in Bath and several long-term clients with house in London, the country and overseas.
- develop drawing packages, including elevations, furniture plans, lighting layouts
- assist in creating beautiful design schemes
- assist in producing client presentations
- maintain supplier relationships
- manage the material library and research new products
- source furniture and fittings (antique, twentieth century, mid-century and contemporary), fabrics and materials
- follow up on orders
- general support to the design studio
Skills and experience:
- interior design degree, or equivalent
- proficiency with VectorWorks, InDesign, Photoshop and Excel
- sophisticated aesthetic and design vocabulary
- encyclopaedic knowledge of materials and suppliers
This is a long-term role, perfect for growing your career in a collaborative studio.
London based, but travel to projects and our galleries required.
What we offer:
- competitive salary based on experience
- a social team with regular drinks and events
Please apply via the apply for job button below with a covering letter, CV and portfolio, along with examples of architecture, interiors, art and design you most admire by Friday 12 August.