93ft is seeking a middleweight interior designer to join its studio in Sheffield, UK.
93 is currently working on some incredible projects around the UK, from new hotel concepts and original workspaces to cutting edge music venues and new thinking on accommodation and social spaces. We are now looking for a middleweight interior designer to join the team and work across this diverse and exciting mix.
Our studio sees interior designers and architects sit alongside brand and graphic specialists, content creators and web developers. It’s a dynamic workplace that encourages innovation and collaboration and our close-knit team comes together to create meaningful, powerful and fully immersive brand experiences for our clients. Our approach has gained us recognition, win awards and taken us holistically to a place over the last 15 years which has allowed us to develop into creative departments and expert teams. Developing our own workshop has been a real privilege and allowed us the luxury of going one step further in the creative process, often designing and making to provide a solution, other times to place pieces of original design into one of our interiors.
93 is based in the renowned and much publicised Kelham Island area of Sheffield. 93 has been directly responsible for the rescue and restoration of a number of historic buildings in this area, and in doing so been instrumental in developing the now varied and thriving community who work and socialise here.
With the Peak District on the studio’s doorstep, many of the team cycle or walk into work – we enjoy an eye on wellness and a great work/life balance
To be considered for the role, you would have successfully worked on projects from inception to completion for a minimum period of three to five years, demonstrating the following skills to work as a team and consistently deliver exceptional work.
- ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- advanced AutoCAD and Photoshop
- ability to create great SketchUp visuals
- ability to listen and take direction
- quality experience dealing with suppliers and contractors
- fully competent in producing full drawing packs
- excellent time management and the ability to multitask proficiently
- strong problem solving skills
- comfortable in establishing positive working relationships
- excellent interpersonal, communication and coordination skills
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent standard of both verbal and written English
- great team player with a positive, can-do attitude
A competitive salary and package of benefits will be offered based on experience.
If you feel that you’re a good match, please submit the following documents using the ‘apply’ link below. We ask that you make sure your portfolio is a true reflection of your own experience and skills. We value greatly how you present your thinking and work.
- your CV
- a cover letter
- a PDF portfolio of your work that demonstrates strong design sensibilities and proficiency in the skills above
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview.