93ft has an opportunity for a senior interior designer to join its studio in Sheffield, UK.
93 is currently working on some incredible projects around the UK, from new hotel concepts and original workspaces to cutting edge music venues and new thinking on accommodation and social spaces. We are now looking for a senior interior designer to join the team and work across this diverse and exciting mix.
To be considered for the role, you would have successfully worked on projects from inception to completion for eight years’ plus, demonstrating the following skills to work both in a team and as team leader and to consistently deliver exceptional work.
Our studio sees interior designers and architects sit alongside brand and graphic specialists, content creators and web developers. It’s a dynamic workplace that encourages innovation and collaboration and our close-knit team comes together to create meaningful, powerful and fully immersive brand experiences for our clients. Our approach has gained us recognition, win awards and taken us holistically to a place over the last 15 years which has allowed us to develop into creative departments and expert teams. Developing our own workshop has been a real privilege and allowed us the luxury of going one step further in the creative process, often designing and making to provide a solution, other times to place pieces of original design into our interiors.
93 is based in the renowned and much-publicised Kelham Island area of Sheffield. 93 has been directly responsible for the rescue and restoration of a number of historic buildings in this area, and in doing so been instrumental in developing the now varied and thriving community who work and socialise here.
With the Peak District on the studio’s doorstep, many of the team cycle or walk into work – we enjoy an eye on wellness and a great work/life balance.
- you’ll be working side by side with the founder of the company and our head of interior design which means you’ll need to have outstanding original conceptual ideas, an excellent eye for detail and the knowledge and experience to be able to see your ideas through
- you need to be highly experienced, having your own established reputation and a proven portfolio of work to match
- you will be a dynamic personality and be passionate about challenging convention, confidently well versed in clients with you on the creative journey
- the role means you will direct creative thinking and bring ideas through from concept, delivery and into reality. You’ll be responsible for producing design concepts which are at the forefront of creativity and innovation, bringing new and inspiring work to the table and helping to deliver world class projects
- you’ll be instrumental in motivating the team, helping cultivate a strong work environment that inspires and motivates those around you
- you must be confidently able to assess creative ideas, communicate direction clearly to others and monitor progress against this feedback
- you’ll be in charge of overseeing interior design projects, ensuring all standards and deliverables are met alongside 93’s creative director, helping set and deliver against the creative standards for the business
- you’ll be able to communicate a clear brief for each project and assist in the assignment of responsibility
- you must be able to manage your time and others efficiently
- you will liaise with clients directly, ensuring all information is issued in a timely manner and problems solved where required
- you must be an extremely competent producer of detailed drawings, specifications and schedules
- you will need and be able to demonstrate excellent presentation, conceptual and visualising skills
- you must be able to manage and deliver jobs on time to the highest of standards from concept to completion, often to tight time scales
- you must be able to lead site meetings and be a credible representative of the client and company
- you must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of materials, furniture, finishes and lighting design. You must be able to demonstrate your ability and passion to research and stay on top of the latest innovations and trends
- experience with designing joinery, bespoke furniture, lighting and fixed finishes would be useful
A competitive salary and package of benefits will be offered based on experience.
If you feel that you’re a good match, please submit the following documents using the ‘apply’ link below. We ask that you make sure your portfolio is a true reflection of your own experience and skills. We value greatly how you present your thinking and work.
- your CV
- a cover letter
- a PDF portfolio of your work that demonstrates strong design sensibilities and proficiency in the skills above
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview.