Substance is hiring a senior graphic designer to join its team in Hong Kong.
Who we are
We are a collective of passionate explorers from 15 countries. We exercise the art of forgetting what we know and look to maps of the past, as we scavenge for vibrant stories about the people and cultures that our designs inhabit.
Our team of strategists, editors, graphic designers, architects, landscape designers, interior designers and product designers allows us to shape every single touch point. Our designs are an opportunity to entertain a conversation with your guests, an invitation to interact and to contemplate, entertaining rituals and creating habits.
It is an opportunity to tell your story and to tell a story that no else is telling.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and communicative graphic designer with a proactive and hands-on mindset to join our growing graphic team in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will be both an independent problem solver, as well as a proven team player when it comes to getting the job done. They must be passionate storytellers and will develop the branding, colour palette and typography across print and digital platforms that expresses the narrative. The designer will be responsible for designing and producing assets for all of our clients’ brand touch points offline and online. We’re looking for an individual who takes details and aesthetics seriously, and is interested in taking on the most challenging and rewarding projects around the globe.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- discussing the design brief with creative team and proactively taking part in internal creative meetings from conceptual to final production stage
- researching and determining strategies to deliver a clear message to different target audiences
- developing unique brand concepts and narratives that pertain to the project brief and market
- designing distinct and expressive brand identities
- designing and creating production files for printed collaterals, illustrations, packaging, brochures, sales and marketing materials, on-site artworks and signage
- working closely with Substance’s project managers, interior and product design team
- providing art direction to third parties such as photographers and video production teams
- degree holder or above in graphic design or related majors from a recognised international university
- minimum three-year experience in graphic design, F&B/hospitality/retail projects experience is preferred
- fully proficient in Adobe CC Suite
- fluent in English; Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus
- highly motivated and reactive, passionate about design and a good team player
- extremely detailed with a creative flair and strong eye for design
- able to multitask under tight deadlines
- self-motivated, hard-working and willing to work overtime when necessary
Candidates with less working experience may be considered as a junior graphic designer. Please send your resume in English and portfolio with expected salary via the apply for job button below.