Aarhus School of Architecture is seeking teaching assistants to join its team in Aarhus, Denmark.
Aarhus School of Architecture is advertising several teaching assistant positions affiliated with the school’s bachelors and masters degree programmes.
The positions are three-year positions. We advertise them to ensure that Aarhus School of Architecture will have the fundamental conceptual, architectural and methodical skills necessary for the school to educate strong graduates on the school’s three study programmes, now as well as in the future.
The teaching assistant position is a three-year, half-time teaching position involving:
- teaching in the school’s bachelors – or masters programme in collaboration with the head of education, programme coordinators and faculty members
- development of teaching including courses, workshops and networking activities with relevant institutions
- participation in general institutional tasks such as assessments, examinations, entrance exams for new students and development of strategic projects on behalf of the school
The position may also, to a limited extent, involve administrative work or cross-institutional and external cooperation.
Requirements for applicants and the application
Aarhus School of Architecture are looking for teaching assistants with a relevant academic background and good pedagogical skills who are able to and interested in cooperating with our other faculty members.
We expect applicants to have the language skills necessary to carry out teaching in either Danish/a Scandinavian language and/or English. Applicants must also be able to express themselves clearly in speech and writing within the subject area in, as a minimum, one of the two languages. Non-Danish speakers are expected to acquire usable Danish language skills within the first three years of the position.
The application must provide an account of the applicant’s vision for developing teaching based on the school’s vision, ‘engaging through architecture’, and one or more of the school’s three focus areas; habitation, sustainability, and transformation.
Applicants also need to provide documentation of the following:
- having graduated from a recognised architectural programme
- academic or practical experience from the architectural profession in the form of projects based on investigative design processes
- teaching experience within the subject area
- good communicative and cooperative skills
The positions are open from 1 August 2020.
Remuneration will be in accordance with the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC-fællesoverenskomsten).
Please apply by filling in the application form in the link below. You will be required to upload an application in which you give an account of your teaching interests and experience in relation to the advertised position. The total length of the application must not exceed three pages (A4).
Name, address, email address and the title of the position you apply for must be stated on the first page of the application.
You are also required to upload the following:
- a copy of your certificate for exams you have passed on the masters level
- a CV
- a portfolio containing selected examples of your professional, artistic, academic and/or teaching-based practice (no more than 20MB)
Applications must be sent digitally (as PDFs) and must have been received by the school no later than 12.00 noon on 17 February 2020.