Ackroyd Lowrie is seeking an associate director to join its team in London.
Ackroyd Lowrie are recruiting for an Associate Director
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architecture practice based in the creative hub of Vyner Street, East London.
We work across a range of sectors and scales but always with the same commitment to design quality. We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process.
We are currently working on regeneration schemes for half a billion pounds worth of new homes and work places, and our long term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
We are looking for an ambitious associate director who wants to manage a young, talented team and oversee a wide range of projects. This is a perfect opportunity for a proactive, reliable, organised and go-getting individual to flourish in an exciting practice and work in a great studio environment.
- experience of managing teams and overseeing multiple projects
- ability to directly manage internal team, consultants and councils, clients and contractors
- experience of resourcing and overseeing projects
- strong technically stages three to six with great detailing skills, strong understanding of building regulations, CDM
- knowledge on fire issues and cladding
- an understanding and diplomacy when dealing with clients and be able to manage difficult situations professionally when required including potential disputes
- have great IT skills and be numerate and able to use a spreadsheet
- have an interest in innovative technology and sustainability
- good hand drawn skills
- experience of the following would also be an advantage: NBS Building/Create, 3DMax, Rendering
- we are Vectorworks and ArchiCAD office
- the ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ job running experience post-Part 3, preferably in the UK
- RIBA stages from 0 to 7 with strength in technical stages three to six
- working on contract values between £750k and £25m+
- working on both refurbishment and new builds
- sufficient experience in the UK to steer a project through the construction process
- this is a permanent position with an immediate start date
Working with us gives you:
- salary – competitive
- training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development
- opportunity for equity/share options in a growing small business and potential for future directorship
- an office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment
- regular social activities and an annual trip abroad
- being part of a committed equal opportunities company
How to apply:
- independent applicants only – no agency appointments considered
- you must be eligible to work in the UK.
- please contact us at the email address given below and not directly to the office
- please do not use your email as your motivational/covering letter
- please send your covering letter, CV and work samples (preferably as PDFs) by clicking the ‘apply’ link below