Ackroyd Lowrie is hiring a part-time marketing and communications assistant to join its team in east London.
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architecture practice based in the creative hub of east London. We are looking for an ambitious marketing and communications assistant to join our growing team on a freelance/part-time basis.
This is a perfect opportunity for a proactive, reliable, organised and go-getting individual that wants to become part of a vibrant, young team. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial attitude, can work autonomously and is results driven.
On site two days a week, with other days required surrounding events. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. This would suit someone who currently freelances or is looking for flexibility to work around their other professional or personal commitments.
- running of online communication through our website, newsletter and all social media profiles
- writing copy for competitions, press releases and other promotional material as required
- working closely with the office manager to ensure brand guidelines are implemented at all times
- organisation of events and brand enhancing collaborations.
- key contact for external consultants including graphic designers and marketing advisors to create and implement a clear marketing strategy in house
- there may be future opportunities to get involved in the sales side of the business
Required skills and experience:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills across the board are required to interact with clients, consultants and team members alike
- confidence in event organisation
- a confident understanding of the firm’s portfolio. Knowledge of architecture and design also desirable
- self-motivator, organised and proactive
- experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign
- experience of social media platforms including LinkedIn and Instagram
Working with us gives you:
- salary – day rate dependent on experience
- hours- 15 hours a week plus extra hours surrounding events
- we want this role to be driven by the successful candidate, so there is ample opportunity to implement innovative ideas for events, collaborations and social media campaigns
- an office environment that is friendly and flexible with a sustainability commitment and multiple dogs (see website)
- regular social activities
- being part of a committed equal opportunities company
- we are a fast growing company with much opportunity for entrepreneurial minds
About Ackroyd Lowrie
We work across a range of sectors and scales but always with the same commitment to design quality. Our focus is on creating inspiring places to live, work and play- we are currently working on exciting regeneration and refurbishment projects in the commercial and residential sectors. Our long-term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process. We are looking to grow our voice in the sector and utilise our new office space through industry events and collaborations promoting our brand values.
How to apply
The subject line of your email must include your name and the position you are applying for.
Independent applicants only – no agency appointments considered.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please contact us at the email address given below and not directly to the office.
Please do not use your email as your motivational/covering letter – this must be as an attachment.
Please send your covering letter, CV and work samples as attachments to our email (preferably as PDFs) to: email@example.com