Ackroyd Lowrie is seeking a mid-weight interior designer/architect to join its firm in London.
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architecture and interior design practice based in the creative hub of east London.
We work across a range of sectors and scales but always with the same commitment to design quality. We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process.
Our focus is on creating inspiring places to live, work and play – we are currently working on exciting regeneration and refurbishment projects in the commercial and residential sectors. Our long-term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
We are looking for an ambitious interior designer or interior architect who is passionate, responsible and driven.
This is a perfect opportunity for a proactive, reliable, organised and go-getting individual that wants to become part of a vibrant, young team.
- must be passionate about design and the city
- excellent design skills
- excellent graphical skills
- good technical ability
- client-facing skills
- site experience is preferred
- good organisational and management skills highly valued
- strong communicator with ability to manage fast-moving projects and deadline
- have great IT skills and be numerate and able to use a spreadsheet
- software skills: Vectorworks/ArchiCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite
- experience of the following would also be an advantage: NBS Building/Create, 3ds Max, rendering, good hand-drawing skills
- the ideal candidate will have two-plus years of experience in residential/commercial design, preferably in the UK
- RIBA Stages from 0 to 7
- working on contract values between £100K and £1M
- working on both refurbishment and new builds
- sufficient experience in the UK to steer a project through the construction process
- this is a permanent position immediate start date
Working with us gives you:
- salary – levels dependent on experience – £22-£28K
- high potential for career development
- BIM training as standard
- opportunity for equity/share options in a growing small business and potential for future promotion
- an office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment, with multiple dogs (see website)
- regular social activities and an annual trip abroad
- being part of a committed equal opportunities company
How to apply:
- independent applicants only – no agency appointments considered
- you must be eligible to work in the UK
- please contact us at the email address given below and not directly to the office
- please do not use your email as your motivational/covering letter – this must be as an attachment
- please submit your covering letter, CV and work samples as attachments to your email (preferably as PDFs) using the ‘apply’ link below