Ackroyd Lowrie is seeking a senior architect to join its team in London.
Ackroyd Lowrie – Senior architect
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architectural practice committed to delivering high quality, bespoke spaces for our clients. Our studio, based in the creative hub of East London, is known for its design excellence in residential and commercial sectors. The practice is led by Jon Ackroyd and Oliver Lowrie whom both have extensive experience designing and delivering award winning schemes. We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process.
Our focus is on creating inspiring places to live, work and play – we are currently working on exciting regeneration and refurbishment projects in the commercial and residential sectors. Our long-term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious senior architect with design flair and strong technical abilities that is driven to becoming an Associate in the very near future and partner longer term. This is a role that will require an in-depth knowledge of UK building regulations, and the ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience of delivering planning applications, technical design packages and solving problems and managing clients is a MUST.
You will need to work at pace but stay methodical and organised. This is a perfect opportunity for a proactive, reliable, organised and go-getting individual that wants to become part of a vibrant, young team.
- excellent design skills
- candidates should have experience of client-facing roles
- excellent written and verbal communication skills across the board are required to interact with clients and team members alike
- great project management skills – the ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- have great IT skills, be numerate and able to use a spreadsheet
- good technical skills are essential – we will ask all candidates to talk through a 1:10 detail in the interview, and we expect confident knowledge in this area
- software skills: Vectorworks/Archicad
- NBS Create
- the ideal candidate must be fully qualified and will have over three years’ post-Part 3 experience, preferably in the UK
- RIBA stages from 0 to 7
- working on contract values between £750k and £25m
- working on both refurbishment and new builds
- sufficient experience in the UK to steer a project through the construction process
- this is a permanent position immediate start date
Working with us gives you:
- a competitive salary
- training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development
- Archicad BIM training as standard
- an office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment
- regular social activities and an annual trip abroad (non-Covid times)
- being part of a committed equal opportunities company
How to apply:
- independent applicants only – no agency appointments considered
- you must be eligible to work in the UK
- please contact us via the ‘apply’ link below and not directly to the office
- please do not use your application as your motivational/covering letter – this must be as an attachment
- please send your covering letter, CV and work samples (preferably as PDFs)