Ackroyd Lowrie is hiring a senior project architect or associate in London.
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative boutique design practice based near London Fields, east London. We use 3D printing and the latest VR technology to realise our clients’ dreams. We work across a range of sectors and will provide excellent experience to the right candidate. We are looking for candidates with exceptional technical knowledge, who can also provide leadership and motivation to a vibrant, young team. We believe in supporting our staff to reach their full potential. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious individual to flourish in an exciting practice and work in a great studio environment.
- must have run projects from RIBA stages from 0 to 7
- must have client-facing experience and ability to meet and negotiate with planners
- must have on-site experience working with contractors and deal with RFI’s and disputes
- contract administration experience is an advantage but not essential
- must have ability to run multiple projects and manage complex problems
- suitable organisational and management skills
- working on contract values typically between £250k and £25m but also larger masterplans
- working on both refurbishment and new build regeneration projects
- candidates should have a flair for design and excellent technical design skills
- need to be a strong communicator with ability to manage fast-moving projects and deadline
- the candidate will have a minimum of five years job running experience post-Part 3, preferably in the UK
- candidates must be able to produce construction details and have a problem solving attitude
- software skills must include: Vectorworks, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- experience of the following would also be an advantage: NBS Building/Create, Revit, 3ds Max, Rendering
- excellent communication skills across the board are required to interact with our clients, managers and team members
- ability to take responsibility when required and meet project deadlines
- an interest in innovative technology
Working with us will give you:
- competitive salary depending on experience (plus potential for performance-related bonuses)
- training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development
- we have a staff wellbeing programme including Yoga classes, an office dog and weekly office meal paid for by the company. We hold annual office trip for 3-4days abroad. Last few years have been Amsterdam, Lisbon and Athens. This year will be Barcelona and Valencia
- opportunity for equity/share options in a growing small business and potential for future promotion
- an office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment. We have recently taken on our whole building are developing outdoor space
- being part of a committed equal opportunities company
This is a permanent position immediate start date.
How to apply
Independent applicants only.
No agency appointments considered.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please send your CV along with some work samples (preferably in one attached PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.