Acrylicize has an opportunity for a lead designer to join its office in London.
Acrylicize is a multidisciplinary creative studio that is exploring the boundaries between art and design in the context of place-making and identity. We design, produce, and install bespoke art installations to express a brand or identity, disrupting both the traditional art world model and accepted notions of branding.
We are now looking for a lead creative to join the team who can help us grow by providing solid design experience across the lifecycle of our projects as well as mentorship, guidance, and support for design team members.
Purpose of role
This role exists at Acrylicize to contribute to and lead in the execution of projects from inception through to production, working closely with project managers and senior members of staff. This role provides invaluable experience and creative grounding to the entire Acrylicize creative process.
- lead in the execution of projects
- act as a key facilitator for encouraging creativity of all team members
- communicate with team leaders and senior studio members to receive and give constructive feedback
- provide mentorship to design team members and ensure they are given opportunities to learn in the context of our projects
- liaise effectively with all studio team members
- oversee site-specific research for opportunities
- produce attractive and effective design documents
- contribute to and facilitate the development of fresh ideas for projects
- work directly with key suppliers and fabricators to specify materials
- liaise with clients directly to achieve a collective vision in design
- work with project managers and senior team members to identify key deliverables, execute certain tasks independently, and delegate others
- artwork up designs
- contribute any other relevant specialist skills to the rest of the team when appropriate
- conduct site visits, taking dimensions, sketches, and photographs
- an education in the design field
- ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- proven experience guiding and mentoring fellow designers to achieve an excellent outcome
- three-five years experience in a related role
- ability to carry out tasks independently and efficiently
- great attention to detail
- a keen interest in learning and mentoring junior studio members
- excellent organizational skills that support the rest of the team and fall in line with studio standards
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- consistent demonstration of critical thinking
- a passion for quality in every endeavour
- proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- excellent team player attitude
- consistency in quality of work across projects and stages
- willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- a hunger to constantly improve the studio’s output
- expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- experience using 3D software is beneficial
To apply, please email your CV, portfolio, and salary expectations. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to those who are unsuccessful.