Acrylicize is looking for a studio manager and PA to directors to join its growing London practice.
Acrylicize is a multidisciplinary creative studio that is exploring the boundaries between art and design in the context of place-making and identity. We design, produce, and install bespoke art installations to express a brand or identity, disrupting both the traditional art world model and accepted notions of branding.
Purpose of role
This is a pivotal role in our busy studio, providing support across the business to ensure the delivery of great design. This person acts as the ‘face’ of Acrylicize, ensuring that the studio runs as smoothly as possible with its culture and well-being of team members and guests in mind. This role works in close partnership with the Directors.
The studio manager/PA role would be ideal for you if you love to problem-solve and make sure that your colleagues are given the tools they need to be efficient and happy.
Front of house
- act as first port of call for answering phones and doors
- greet all guests and make them feel a part of the Acrylicize family
- collect and distribute post
- manage courier pickups, deliveries, etc
- manage and organise studio stock
- manage studio storage within our internal space
- manage external storage unit
- ensure that the studio is tidy and well-organised at all times
- purchase design tools and materials
- assist in planning studio-wide events from team lunches, drinks, parties, to days out
- coordinate the weekly company get together “Tuesday Club”
- coordinate the weekly Monday morning creative challenge facilities
- liaise with landlord for all building issues
- manage any maintenance, H&S and fire safety of building, including training
- coordinate seating arrangements for all staff
- provide first-line IT support
- liaise with our external IT consultant for any bigger issues
- manage all printers
- manage database
- carry out some HR administration with guidance of external
- HR consultant
- provide assistance for any administrative tasks across the business Manage the studio’s contract administration for all services and utilities – phones, printers, mobiles, gas, water, electrics, etc.
- diary management
- booking travel
- time keeping
- running through/keeping on top of tasks ie following up from meetings/administrative task
- proven ability to connect to a wide range of people and pre-empt their needs
- the ability to adjust communication styles for different situations or people is essential to success in this role
- basic IT skills with Macs
- excellent administrative and organisational skills and ability to keep documentation tidy and accessible
- true team player attitude – no task too big or small to take on with enthusiasm
- the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- ability to plan and organise tasks efficiently
- minimum of two-four years experience in a similar role