Acrylicize is seeking a technical designer to join its team in London.
Come join Acrylicize, a multidisciplinary creative studio that is exploring the boundaries between art and design in the context of place-making and identity. We design and work closely with fabricators to produce and install bespoke art installations to express a brand or identity, disrupting both the traditional art world model and accepted notions of branding.
As our technical designer, you will be central to the studio, acting as a sounding board for all technical queries and producing the technical files required for fabricators to bring our incredible work to life. We encourage you to be creative, get involved in projects at the idea stage and utilise your technical knowledge to help guide the team in the best possible direction.
You will be:
- transferring conceptual ideas into buildable 3D installations, demonstrating an expert knowledge of Rhino
- working directly with key suppliers and fabricators to exchange ideas and find technical solutions to producing the work
- utilising your technical knowledge of fabrication methods to contribute creatively to the development of ideas for projects
- drafting detail and specification drawings for costing, production and fabrication
- supporting the team in a technical capacity throughout the execution of projects
You must have:
- a high proficiency in 3D modeling (Rhino)
- a degree in architecture (Part 2 or above) or similar
- on-site experience
- the ability to problem solve and offer a range of solutions, having regard to the cost and time implications of each
- a keen interest in improving Rhino skills and providing training to the team
- the right to work in the UK
A bit about our benefits:
- 20 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
- contributory pension scheme (three months in)
- private medical insurance (six months in)
- team lunches every two-three weeks
- drinks every Friday afternoon
- a whole host of team social activities