Adam Khan Architects is seeking a practice manager to join its team in London.
The role will be an eight-month fixed-term basis to cover maternity from end January 2020.
We are a vibrant, socially engaged, hands-on design practice with an established reputation for built work of sensitivity, elegance and refinement which addresses key issues of our time: social inclusion, sustainability and the vitality of public space.
We are a dedicated, ambitious and sociable team; we encourage a healthy work/life balance and facilitate career development. Our spacious studio is based in a canalside warehouse in east London.
Your key responsibilities will include communication, PR, business development, insurance, appointments and HR. You will bring your meticulous attention to detail with the ability to think strategically to this very dynamic environment and will have previous experience in a similar role in a creative industry.
We are seeking applicants with the following skills and experience:
- excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- capacity to multitask, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines
- excellent communication, copywriting and presentation skills
- managing new work proposals and bid submissions
- managing social media: twitter, website etc.
- managing publicity: awards, events, exhibitions and publications
- ability to provide leadership to the support staff
- ability to support project leaders and directors
- liaison with bookkeeper on financial matters
- ensuring various legal, regulatory, H&S and accreditation processes are kept up-to-date
- ensuring that the premises is fit for purpose and properly managed
- liaison with the managing agent and building landlord
- recruitment coordination/new staff contracts
- managing annual leave/team absences
- proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office is essential
- proficiency in Xero is advantageous
We work collaboratively and openly. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of committed architects and designers and become an integral part of the practice.
Competitive salary offered depending on experience.
Adam Khan Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV plus cover letter stating notice period required using the ‘apply’ link below.