Adjaye Associates is hiring a junior to intermediate interior designer in London.
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, Sir David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
We are an award-winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Interior designer (junior to intermediate)
The candidate should:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience in the role of an interior designer or interior architect
- hold a bachelor’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- have a thorough knowledge of furniture and finishes
- have excellent design, presentation and graphics skills
- technical knowledge and ability to develop interior fit-out details
- ability to deliver technical drawing packages, including bespoke detailing
- be confident in liaising with outside suppliers, contractors and specialists
- be passionate about keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- have the ability to visualise concepts and confidently explain, and present them to others
- great Revit and AutoCAD skills are essential
- experience with Adobe, Rhino, SketchUp and MS Office
- have the Right To Work in the UK
The candidate will work with the interiors team on the following:
- assist with processing and developing ideas and acquiring information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with project team
- assist with researching and developing innovative interior environments including concepts, design development and detail design (including visuals, modelling, rendering, technical design documentation)
- presenting ideas both internally and externally
- strong organisational and communication skills
- strong presentation skills
- ability to work to deadlines
- proactive and can work both on individual tasks and within a project team
- a desire to push the firm ahead of its competition
- attention to detail
- calm under pressure
- ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving environment
- flexible with a “can-do” attitude
Please include your CV and portfolio (max. 10MB) in your application, along with a cover letter including your notice period, salary expectations and visa status as applicable.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Adjaye Associates is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies, thank you.