Adjaye Associates is seeking a receptionist/team assistant to join its firm in London.
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, Sir David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
We are an award-winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa and the Middle East.
Receptionist/team assistant (London office)
We are looking for an experienced receptionist/team assistant who wants to jump straight into our busy and energetic studio, running the reception/front of house and assisting the studio manager and other support staff. The ideal candidate will love being the face of a company; having experience in front of house, office administration and support related tasks and will be able to work enthusiastically in a fast-paced environment. This person must be well organised, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. Our team needs a detailed-oriented candidate with the ability to keep calm under pressure. It is essential that the candidate has an excellent phone manner and interacts with visitors in a professional, welcoming and appropriate manner.
- greet visitors and guests, projecting a professional, friendly and welcoming image
- answer telephone, filter calls, take messages, send emails to staff when they have missed a call
- manage meeting rooms – processing all requests, administer meeting room diary and organise catering as appropriate
- ensure meetings rooms are ready for guests throughout the day, tidying up after meetings as necessary
- set up conference calls/requested technology for meetings as required
- ensure front of house and office are always tidy
- distribute all incoming post/parcels and manage all outgoing post/parcels and couriers are necessary
- book taxis, transport, accommodation and be involved in all other travel administration (e.g. visas)
- assist with obtaining quotes for office contracts e.g. stationary, water, kitchen supplies
- manage stationery supplies
- manage weekly staff treats and associated budgets
- assist with the organisation of office events
- work with the finance team and manage petty cash process
- work closely with the studio manager to ensure a smooth-running office for both staff and guests
- any other ad-hoc administrative tasks
- previous experience in a creative environment is an advantage
- highly organised
- friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic
- ability to prioritise and multitask
- can-do attitude with a willingness to help
- flexible and able to adapt to deadlines
- professional phone manner
- impeccable English language communication skills, both spoken and written
- good knowledge of Microsoft Office essential, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a bonus
- ability to cope well under pressure
No agencies, thank you.