Adjaye Associates is searching for a senior interior designer to join its studio in London.
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, Sir David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
We are an award-winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Senior interior designer
The candidate should:
- have a minimum of ten years’ experience in the role of an interior designer, with extensive creative competence
- site experience required – following projects from concept through to construction
- have extensive knowledge of furniture and finishes
- hold a bachelor’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- experience of managing and mentoring a team
- experience in the following programs essential: Revit, AutoCAD, 3ds Max, Rhino, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, MS Office
- have excellent design, presentation and graphics skills
- be passionate about keeping up-to-date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- have the ability to visualise concepts and confidently explain, and present them to others
- have the right to work in the UK
The candidate will be responsible for working closely with head of interiors on the following:
- processing and developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with project team
- researching and developing innovative interior environments including concepts, design development and detail design (including visuals, modelling, rendering, technical design documentation)
- liaising with outside suppliers, contractors and specialists
- presenting ideas both internally and externally
- strong organisational and communication skills
- ability to create programs, work to deadlines and manage budgets
- proactive and can work both on individual tasks and within a project team
- a desire to push the firm ahead of its competition
- attention to detail
- calm under pressure
- ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving environment
- can-do attitude
- flexible and able to adapt to deadlines
Please include your CV and portfolio (max. 10MB) in your application, along with a cover letter including your notice period, salary expectations and visa status as applicable.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Adjaye Associates is an equal opportunities employer.