Adjaye Associates is seeking a senior landscape architect to join its team in London.
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
We are an award winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa, and the Middle East.
Senior landscape architect
We are looking for a creative, talented and experienced Senior Landscape Architect to lead and work on high profile projects across the office. You will have a minimum 10 years of experience working across different stages of complex projects from conception to completion – with solid experience in Stage 4 onwards. The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression and carries high-level responsibility.
- establish landscape requirements and manage project resourcing accordingly
- lead preliminary site studies
- assessing site potential to meet client specifications
- work across multiple projects simultaneously whilst maintaining first-class project management and business skills
- client and consultant engagement
- clearly and confidently present ideas and concepts to the principal, directors, and clients and other key stakeholders
- mentor, support and knowledge share with team-members
Qualities and skills:
- degree in landscape architecture
- chartered member of the landscape institute
- passion for landscape architecture
- exceptional design skills and technical ability
- proven project management experience
- understanding of different climates and conditions in order to recommend suitable planting
- excellent knowledge around sustainability
- confident, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction by the principal
- ability to work well under pressure, and successfully meet deadlines
- experience of the following: Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, Excel and Outlook
- must have the right to work in the UK
We offer hybrid working and an attractive benefits package for the successful candidate.
No agencies, thank you.