Adjaye Associates is recruiting a site architect to join its team in Delhi, India.
Adjaye Associates are looking for a talented and dynamic site architect to join our team, to work on a high profile project in Delhi, India. Following a short period working in our London office, the successful candidate will be deployed to Delhi for approximately 30 months.
You will have thorough experience in the role of a site architect, working on large-scale projects through to completion. You will be a good communicator who is able to guide and supervise an architectural team, and provide design solutions to any problems encountered on site.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression and carries a high level of responsibility.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- five plus years of professional experience post-Part 3 (or equivalent)
- three plus years of site experience, ideally from tender to practical completion
- experience with traditional procurement and contract administration role
- experience working in India desirable
- excellent design and presentation skills
- experience working on projects across all work stages
- proven creative problem-solving skills
- ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving environment
- skill in working to budgets and deadlines
- proactive, passionate and enthusiastic individuals with good attention to detail will be ideally suited to this role
- experience using Revit and Adobe/Office packages
- fluency in the English language, both written and verbal
- must have the right to work in the UK
- desirable to also have the right to work in India
- deployment in Delhi, India for the duration of the construction works – circa 30 months
- review shop drawings created by others
- review and comment on construction programmes
- coordinate and respond to architectural RFI’s from the client team and other client appointments
- coordinate response to all design team RFI’s
- issue instructions to other design team members as required
- provide coordinated design team and architectural information to the client team
- review and approve samples and mock-ups and write review reports
- visit site regularly and monitor progress, documenting on-site observations and reviews, and prepare site reports
- take part in site meetings as required by the contract administrator
- coordinate and supervise the works of the local architect, including review of applicable codes and standards
- coordinate work with engineering and construction teams at project site.
- monitor performance of contractor/sub-contractors and identify and raise any quality issues to the contract administrator
- review record drawings and O&M Manuals prepared by others
- review LEED and WELL certification by others
- review practical completion reports produced by the contractor
- attend handover meetings with construction and project teams as required
- witness final commission, testing of services installations
Please submit your application with a maximum file size of 10MB, along with details of your right to work status in response to the required skills listed above and salary expectations.
Adjaye Associates believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building an inclusive team. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender.