ADP Architecture is looking for a digital lead to join its team across in the UK.
ADP Architecture is looking for a digital lead to develop transformative digital technologies for the way we design.
ADP is a vibrant and transformative employee-owned practice, with a clear vision and purpose. We are constantly looking to improve the quality of the service we provide and the projects we deliver, and this new role will ensure ADP is at the forefront when it comes to integrating new digital technologies into the way we work and create.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for someone with a specialist interest in digital design processes to develop and share their skills and knowledge in a progressive and ambitious environment. We are looking for someone with a transformative vision for how digital technologies can help us design a better, more sustainable built environment for the communities we live in.
We are looking for an ambitious, engaging and experienced individual with a proven track record of developing and implementing effective digital strategies in architecture from research and development to training and implementation. Effective and clear communication and presentation skills are important to ensure our teams are engaged and enthused and that knowledge is effectively documented and shared.
Core responsibilities for the role include
- formulating and implementing new digital processes to improve the efficiency and quality of ADP’s professional output
- carrying out research on future trends in digital design and working processes to ensure ADP is aware of new opportunities
- providing, or arranging for, employee training in new digital processes and procedures
- provide regular updates to the employees on digital development activity
- working with the sustainability lead to efficiently integrate sustainability software into our digital workflow
- assisting with the implementation of suitable specification software and its integration into the digital workflow
- overseeing the implementation and development of software for in-house project CGIs and rendering and ensuring that it integrates with our CAD processes where required
- overseeing the implementation and development of software to make efficient and effective use of digital survey data and scans on ADP projects
- formulating and implementing ADP’s CAD strategy (Revit)
- maintaining up to date industry standard CAD/BIM procedures and systems and ensuring interoperability with other systems and organisations in the sector
- working with the IT director to manage associated software and hardware deployments and updates
- managing and leading the ADP internal CAD group and consulting on changes, updates and developments
- documenting ADP CAD processes and maintaining a library of suitable and up to date training and process information and guidance
- overseeing the development and maintenance of a digital library of standard architectural details and designs which can be utilised across the practice
- provide and/or arrange regular CPD and training for employees to maintain up to date knowledge across the practice
- provide regular updates to the practice on progress and development
- designing and providing CAD inductions and training for new staff
- assisting staff to set up new projects/models in line with standardised CAD procedures
- auditing projects on a regular basis to ensure they are being undertaken in line with the CAD procedures
- attending and actively participating in events and seminars and promoting ADP
- creating an ISO9001 compliant internal audit process for the CAD system
With studios across the UK, Cyprus and India, and over 50 years’ history, ADP is an AJ100 top 40 architecture practice which designs around the principles of sustainability, belonging and engagement, rethinking the built environment to create a better future.
At ADP, you’ll be involved with projects that truly benefit their communities, from large laboratory buildings to mixed-use developments, sensitive refurbishments to envelope-pushing new builds, £100m high-profile schemes to local grassroots projects. You’ll be working with our cross-practice specialists in sectors including residential, commercial, healthcare and education design.
ADP is an employee-owned practice – meaning that all staff have a say in how the business is run, and everyone benefits from its success. We know that a healthy work/life balance is important and in addition to other competitive benefits, all staff have the option for hybrid working, flexible working, and compressed hours – allowing you to take a three-day weekend every fortnight.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and a gold-standard investor in people – reflecting our belief that it takes a people-centred practice to create people-centred architecture. Diversity is at the heart of our success, and we welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your CV and portfolio and a cover letter setting out your ambitions and detailing your approach to the role. Please use the apply for job button below, quoting the position you’re applying for. Attachments should be in PDF format and no larger than 5MB in size.