ADP Architecture is seeking a technical design lead to work across its UK studios.
ADP Architecture is looking for a technical lead to promote and develop technical design excellence across the practice.
ADP is a vibrant and transformative employee owned practice, with a clear vision and purpose. We are constantly looking to improve the quality of the service we provide and the projects we deliver, and this new leadership role will raise technical design, delivery and quality standards across our seven studios.
We are looking for an ambitious, engaging and technically experienced individual with a proven track record of delivery and management of multi-million pound projects across a variety of contract types and procurement routes. Effective and clear communication and presentation skills are important to ensure our teams are engaged and organisational knowledge is effectively documented and shared.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for someone with a specialist interest in technical design and delivery to develop and share their skills and knowledge in a progressive and ambitious environment.
Core responsibilities for the role include:
- formulating and implementing processes to support and promote technical excellence in the practice’s output
- maintaining a detailed knowledge of up to date regulations and legislation applicable to architectural design and the practice’s professional output
- maintaining a detailed knowledge of best practice in construction and selection of materials as they relate to architectural design
- review and constantly improve ADP’s project and package delivery capability from work stage 3 onwards
- assisting project teams with set up and implementation of effective project programmes, resource schedules and information release schedules
- actively promoting technical excellence across the practice, including through presentations to the team and training documentation
- initiating and participating in technical project reviews/audits at key workstages, and as required
- maintaining a detailed knowledge of CAD processes and software as they relate to technical design (such as clash detection etc.) and interoperability across the sector and design teams
- provide on-call support to teams requiring assistance with technical design matters
- carrying out research on future trends in technical aspects of architectural design and assisting with research and development to develop ADP’s knowledge and tools
- maintaining and developing the Practice’s process for Specification writing
- providing support for design issues related to client and contractor claims and professional indemnity insurance claims
- collaborating on the development and maintenance of a digital library of standard architectural details and designs which can be utilised across the practice to ensure consistency and efficiency
- ensuring that the technical design processes and procedures support the practice’s ISO9001 quality management system
With studios across the UK, Cyprus and India, and over 50 years’ history, ADP is an AJ100 top 40 architecture practice which designs around the principles of sustainability, belonging and engagement, rethinking the built environment to create a better future.
At ADP, you’ll be involved with projects that truly benefit their communities, from large laboratory buildings to mixed-use developments, sensitive refurbishments to envelope-pushing new builds, £100m high-profile schemes to local grassroots projects, working with our cross-practice specialists in sectors including residential, commercial, healthcare and education design.
ADP is an employee-owned practice – meaning that all staff have a say in how the business is run, and everyone benefits from its success. We know that a healthy work/life balance is important and in addition to other competitive benefits, all staff have the option for hybrid working, flexible working, and compressed hours – allowing you to take a three-day weekend every fortnight.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and a gold-standard investor in people – reflecting our belief that it takes a people-centred practice to create people-centred architecture. Diversity is at the heart of our success, and we welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your CV and portfolio and a cover letter setting out your ambitions and detailing your approach to the role. Please use the apply for job button below, quoting the position you’re applying for. Attachments should be in PDF format and no larger than 5MB in size.