Aesop is seeking an architectural designer to join its team in Hong Kong.
We are currently seeking an architectural designer to support the design of new Aesop stores in the Asia region. You will be based in Hong Kong and work closely with project managers, shopfitters, building consultants, contractors and the retail design team in Asia.
- compose stimulating, creative and bespoke design solutions that extends upon Aesop’s established and distinguished approach to retail architecture and design
- produce dynamic concept packages that elegantly communicates design intent, using compelling 3D renders, hand-sketches and 2D drawings
- embed self within the global design world, by remaining informed on captivating contemporary and historical design precedents and imparting this knowledge to the wider team
- manage project creative solutions for street and shopping mall retail stores, as well as department stores in the Asia region
- create strong presentations to both internal and external stakeholders
- draft detailed design pack and create 3D renders for authority submission and tendering
- handle ad hoc construction issues with creative solutions
- take a proactive role in finding sustainable materials and innovative design solutions
- design and document thoughtful and practical small-scope solutions in response to retail and maintenance needs
- commit to project timeline and construction schedules to ensure timely openings
- work with project managers and contractors on value-engineering to ensure projects stay within budget
- initiate design reviews, material samplings, and sign-off meetings with retail design manager
You are an experienced participant with exceptional multi-tasking skills and are able to bring multiple creative solutions to fruition within expected timeframes. You produce superlative design development, tender and construction drawing packages which permit the precise pricing and construction of designs which lead to beautifully built outcomes. You are able to manage the expectations of key stakeholders of each project – including design and commercial expectations and take a collaborative approach to design through engaging in conversations around stakeholder feedback If you have a bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior architecture, with solid design experience, and proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-up/Rhino, and Adobe suite, we would love to hear from you.
Apply below with your CV and portfolio.