Aesop is looking for a part-time copywriter to join its growing office in Hong Kong.
Based in Aesop’s Head Office in Hong Kong, this position sits within the studio reporting to the head of marketing, Asia, and is responsible for protecting Aesop’s distinctive tone of voice in external and internal communications, ensuring consistency of language, style and spirit. It is also tasked with delivering copy of exceptional quality for marketing collateral and cultural projects, according to brand guidelines and relevant copy templates. Situated in a highly collaborative setting, it involves frequent liaison with marketing, design, creative, product and digital teams, including staff in offices overseas.
Creative requests – CRFs
- write copy whenever required – most frequently, CRFs involve – but are not limited to, copy for eDMs and associated landing pages, press releases for new Aesop spaces, social media posts, content related to cultural partnerships, and selection of quotations for in-store wall vinyls and POSM
- liaise with external parties as required -for example, where a CRF relates to a cultural partnership and the marketing team seeks copywriting’s involvement in discussions around content for programme advertisements etc.
- seek approvals for all CRF-related copy
Requisite skills and attributes
- writing and editing skills
- a demonstrated understanding of the brand, and of Aesop’s tone, lexicon and style
- the ability to tailor communications to meet the needs of various audiences, across print and digital platforms, without compromising Aesop’s voice or spirit
- an awareness of cultural sensitivities in the territories in which Aesop operates
- ideally, a deep knowledge of and passion for literature, the visual and performing arts, and architecture and design. Or at a minimum, at least three of these fields
- the ability to collaborate effectively with designers and other creatives, and a collaborative mindset in general
Requisite qualifications and experience
- at least an undergraduate degree – and preferably postgraduate studies or qualifications, with a major in one or more of the following fields: advertising, literary studies, creative writing, journalism, cultural studies, media studies, copywriting
- sound knowledge of marketing communications
Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Part-III architect
at Paul Vick Architects
Part-II architectural assistant/architect
at Gibson Thornley