Aktiva is hiring an industrial designer/project manager to join its team in London.
Aktiva is a well-established and growing manufacturer of LED lighting products. Located in North London, we work with many of the UK’s leading lighting designers and architects, designing and manufacturing innovative lighting products in niche areas of the contract lighting market. Specialising in display and task lighting, our products are specified for some of the most prestigious universities, libraries, retailers and hotels around the world.
We are currently looking for a talented designer to join our team, with an aptitude for planning, organisation and project management. This is a client-facing position, working directly with architects, specifiers and contractors on all aspects of the specification process.
The role will include:
- responsibility for managing client-based projects, from initial client meetings through to the planning, design and delivery of orders
- creation of technical documents, lighting simulations and installation guides for each project
- developing bespoke solutions and products to meet the clients requirements
- generating product costings, sales quotations, order processing and component ordering information
- creating BOM’s, technical and assembly information to pass on to the production department
- client and site visits for project meetings, surveys and demonstration of new products
- new product development
Skills and experience:
- degree in product/industrial design or relevant engineering discipline, and a minimum of one to two years experience within the contract lighting, furniture or other building services sector
- proficiency with 3D packages such as Solidworks or Alibre, and lighting simulation software such as Dialux or Relux
- highly motivated, with a strong attention to detail and good planning and communication skills
We offer the successful applicant:
- challenging and engaging projects with leading architects and designers
- work in a stimulating and growing company, with active involvement in the day-to-day running of a small business and strong opportunities for career progression
- attractive and progressive employment conditions including a profit sharing
- 25 days holiday in addition to national and bank holidays
- competitive salary dependent on experience.
To apply for the role, please send a copy of your CV and portfolio via the apply for job button below.