Alexander Waterworth Interiors is hiring a senior interior designer to join its studio in London.
Alexander Waterworth Interiors is looking for a senior designer with predominantly high-end hotel and commercial project experience to join our team, in a full-time position.
This role will take sole responsibility for independently running multiple projects, through each design phase during its partnership with the studio. You will manage the creative interpretation of a design brief, leading on the creation of all project packages and managing the site implementation. Sole responsibility will be expected in maintaining all direct communications with the client throughout the project. Additionally, the management of design teams across more than one project will be required. You will oversee the enhancement of more junior designer’s skillset on a day-to-day basis.
This role provides an exciting opportunity and will be suited to a person who possesses natural problem solving, leadership and a keen motivational skillset to undertake work both independently and collaboratively. You must be highly organised and passionately dedicated to designing high-end interiors. A strong professional and social awareness of the commercial, hotel and residential industries is also key.
Our studio creates internationally distinguished designs. Situated in the creative heart of London, our notable, award-winning designs have continued to create and transform restaurants, bars, hotels, members clubs, theatres and private residentials. Our extensive experience and international collective bring together an expanse of knowledge, expertise and practise to materialise any idea into reality.
We believe in creating intuitively, timeless environments, offering experiences through an enriched level of elegance and comfort. The studio’s commitment to delivering authentic designs, provides a personalised approach to each of our clients. We understand creating each design is a journey of development and discovery and we will always remain sensitive to the space and those who interact with it.
We are a values-led organisation. We sustain an environment that is engaged, respectful, passionate and welcoming. Just as we create interiors that bring a timeless joy to others, we continue that experience into our studio maintaining a positive, family felt space.
We work collaboratively with an open mind, giving the required level of support and ownership to each task undertaken. Functioning with an intuitive belief and care to what we do, we continue to maintain high standards, never compromising, with our values always remaining at our core.
Sole responsibility will be taken to:
- manage multiple projects and those assigned design teams simultaneously
- implement and manage the allocated budgets and timelines for each project
- present updated timeline and budget reports
- ensure all projects are delivered on time, on budget and to our studio’s standards
- lead on direct communications with the clients updating all necessary parties
- have an up-to-date knowledge of current building regulations and codes
- lead on all designated client presentations
- lead on the production and completion of all conceptual, tender and construction packages
- plan and organise all project-related design meetings
- update the senior management team on all project developments
- enhance your design team’s skillsets through your previous experience and knowledge
- chair weekly site meetings between various trades
- ensure a smooth handover process upon the project’s completion
- obtain all necessary practical completion certificates
- maintain positive constructive relationships through each project
- attend industry and industry-related events on behalf on the studio
- understand and uphold the studio’s philosophy and values contributing to the culture
- maintain morale primarily in your project’s teams
A minimum of seven-eight years of previous interior designing experience is required to be considered for this role.
A competitive salary will be offered with a benefits package that grows during your longevity with us.
If you feel you have the relevant experience to fulfil this role, please apply by sending us:
- an up-to-date CV, presented in a clear and concise format
- an updated portfolio of all projects you have undertaken in the capacity of a middleweight and senior designer, demonstrating your proficiency for the role above
- a one-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and working with our studio and how your experience and skills are suited to the position we’re offering
We will try to reply to everyone who contacts us however, due to the volume of applicants, we may only reply to those who have been successful. If you have not heard from us within two weeks from submitting your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful this time.
Please submit the required supporting documentation using the ‘apply’ link below.
We look forward to hearing from you.