Alison Brooks Architects is looking for a studio coordinator/receptionist to join its growing studio in Kentish Town, London.
Alison Brooks Architects is an award-winning architectural practice with an international reputation for delivering design excellence and innovation in projects ranging from urban regeneration and masterplanning to public buildings for the arts, higher education and housing.
The studio coordinator/receptionist will be the first point of contact for visitors, clients and staff so you will need to ensure the smooth running of the space and be committed to maintaining an excellent first impression for all visitors to the practice.
The successful candidate must have an excellent eye for detail, can do attitude and show a high level of initiative as well as being confident with excellent communication skills.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- helping to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office
- reception duties; including answering calls, greeting clients, preparing meetings, managing office supplies, equipment and post
- liaison with external IT support, managing printers & printer supplies and maintenance contracts
- coordinating the office calendar and meeting room bookings
- ensure company policies are maintained and updated accordingly including the practice handbook
- maintain excellent office standards, ensuring a tidy environment at all times
- oversee ad-hoc projects e.g. office renovations, desk moves
- maintaining company supplier contracts
- arranging CPDs
- coordinating maintenance/repair work for the studio space
- supporting the design team with diary management, including travel arrangements
- maintain office stock, stationary, kitchen cupboards etc.
- managing the samples library
- collating/recording expenses and petty cash
- answering the telephone and directing calls as required
- support all employees with administrative tasks where required E.G printing, filing, archiving and other ad hoc duties
- maintaining and updating the office contacts database
Skills and experience
- prior studio coordinator/reception experience, ideally within a creative or design environment
- proficiency in Microsoft Office
- proficiency with Adobe Suite
- excellent verbal and written communication with a strong attention to detail
- able to take initiative and work in a dynamic studio environment
- highly organised, proactive & professional
Please submit your CV in a PDF format not to exceed 5MB addressed using the ‘apply’ link below. Alison Brooks Architects is an equal opportunities employer.