Allford Hall Monaghan Morris is recruiting an awards and PR coordinator for maternity cover at its practice in London.
Fixed-term contract (maternity cover), April to December 2020.
Allford Hall Monaghan Morris is looking for an experienced and capable person to coordinate and produce awards entries during the busy awards period in 2020, and to support the head of communications in coordinating PR.
Winner of the RIBA Stirling Prize and recipient of many other awards for architecture and design, Allford Hall Monaghan Morris has received public and media acclaim for its work across sectors. Awards and press are an important part of our communications activity, so we are looking for someone who can maintain the high standard of our submissions using excellent texts, well-chosen images and appropriate drawings, as well as being able to field and coordinate press enquiries in an appropriate way.
The successful person will have:
- ample experience of initiating, compiling and delivering entries for a range of architecture awards, from the RIBA and BCO to WAF and the Civic Trust, as well as international programmes
- excellent written English, an eye for accuracy, and the ability to edit to a word count without losing key information
- the ability to select a strong set of photographs that captures the essence and key aspects of a project
- understanding of the role of key drawings in communicating a building
- experience of working with press, paying attention to accuracy, confidentiality, and complex project stakeholders
- the organisation and collaboration skills to work with people at all levels across the practice to collate material and meet deadlines
Our awards entries are produced in Adobe InDesign so proficiency is an essential requirement of the role. Working knowledge of Photoshop and experience with Open Asset are also desirable.
Starting in April 2020, this is a fixed-term maternity cover contract working in the communications team, which is made up of ten diverse roles across marketing communications, new business, events and CSR.
Allford Hall Monaghan Morris has been an employee-owned company since 2017, and the practice offers an exceptional office environment and culture with annual study trips and conferences, community and cultural initiatives and subsidised weekly activities, as well as competitive salaries and benefits and opportunities for training and development.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.