Altus Construction is seeking a project/design manager to join its team in London.
Project/design manager – architectural/construction background
We are looking for a practical, versatile and aspiring project/design manager to support the management of our construction projects and developments.
Assist the technical coordination of multiple projects values ranging from £500k to £5m at any given time directly under the company director, aiding the coordination of clients, designers, site managers/foreman/trade sub-contractors and trade packages.
Design and technical management:
- overseeing the design process of our projects (D&B in house design etc.)
- coordinating and motivating external design teams/clients and the communication on site
- managing client expectations on design/budgets and ensuring their alignment and scope through the delivery of the construction phase
We are currently progressing a number of our own developments and will be building on this in the future – you will be required to help out through out all stages, from feasibility (site selection, scheme options etc.), design management, developing funder relationships and options, then onto design and project management through the delivery.
- excellent construction knowledge and experience, domestic and commercial (five years minimum)
- technical and contractual understanding of construction projects beneficial
- degree qualified essential, ideally architectural background
- programme understanding and ability to coordinate and phase construction works inline with deadlines and quality requirements
- driving license
- hands on approach and can do attitude essential
Job type: full-time