Amode has an opportunity for a showroom intern to join its team in London.
Amode is a modern high-end furniture company, based in the Hammersmith/Chiswick area of west London. We are passionate about contemporary designer furniture, with collections exclusive to Amode. Our clients are both retail customer and the most prestigious top-tier interior design practices in the UK.
During this internship, you will learn the skills required to work within a high-end, luxury furniture showroom. Our client base includes retail, interior designers and architects, so you will get an insight into working with people from all different backgrounds. You will develop your skills in dealing with clients, colleagues and suppliers face to face, over the phone, and via email as well as learning what day-to-day operational tasks are required to ensure the smooth running of a high-end furniture showroom. You will develop your interior design, client-facing and administration skills, and develop your eye for contemporary design, furniture and materials.
- sending out samples, catalogues and price lists to clients
- assisting clients over the phone, via email and face to face
- managing our samples library of fabric, leather and lacquer samples
- housekeeping and maintaining visual merchandising standards
- assisting our showroom staff with administrative support
- assisting our production and product development department
- learning about the different product ranges, materials and options on offer
plus any other additional assignments or duties that may be required in the showroom
- Any other ad hoc tasks and projects
Who would benefit?
This internship is ideal for a design graduate looking to break into the furniture design or interior design fields, or someone who has a passion for modern interiors and wants to work in a creative, sales-driven environment. Working knowledge of SketchUp, AutoCAD or any other design software packages is a plus.
This is a paid position, and the internship runs for four weeks, five days per week Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm. There is a possibility that this could convert into full-time employment for the right person should a position become available.
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Internship length: four weeks
Working hours: five days per week
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.