Amode is offering a showroom internship in London.
Amode is a modern high-end furniture company, based in the Hammersmith/Chiswick area of west London. We are passionate about contemporary Italian designer furniture, with collections exclusive to Amode. We offer an in-house space planning service to all our customers, where we offer interior design advice and produce 3D drawings of the clients living space using Amode furniture.
During this internship, you will learn the skills required to work within a high end, luxury furniture showroom. Our client base includes retail customers, as well as prestigious interior designers and architects, so you will get an insight into working with people from all different backgrounds. You will develop your skills in dealing with clients and suppliers face to face, over the phone, and via email as well as learning what day-to-day operational tasks are required to ensure the smooth running of a high-end furniture showroom. You will develop your interior design, client-facing and administration skills, and develop your eye for contemporary design, furniture and materials.
- sending out samples, catalogues and price lists to clients
- creating 3D room design drawings & furniture model drawings using SketchUp
- assisting our Interior Consultants with their design projects, moodboards and product configurations
- managing our samples library of fabric, leather and lacquer samples
- housekeeping and maintaining visual merchandising standards
- assisting our trade/showroom sales staff with administrative support
- learning about the different product ranges, materials and options on offer
- plus any other additional assignments or duties that may be required in the showroom
Who would benefit?
This internship is ideal for someone wanting to break into the furniture design or interior design fields, or someone who has a passion for modern interiors and wants to work in a creative, sales driven environment.
This is a paid position, and the internship runs for four weeks, three days per week. There is a possibility that this could convert into full-time employment for the right person should a position become available.
Salary: £7.90 per hour
Internship length: four weeks
Working hours: three days per week, including all Saturdays. 9.30am-5.30pm