Another Country is seeking a design/showroom assistant (maternity cover) to join its team in London.
We design and manufacture contemporary craft furniture and accessories, aiming to make products that are built to last, both in terms of construction and style. Our clients are trade, wholesale and direct retail consumers, both UK based and international.
This role is perfect for those looking to expand their experience within the furniture industry, as part of a small team you will gain all round oversight of our business and have a key role in day-to-day operations. Working from our showroom/office in Marylebone, this role would suit a furniture design graduate but encompasses a range of tasks and requires a pro-active, adaptable person who is as happy dealing directly with a client, or dispatching an order as preparing a technical drawing.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- producing production drawings for custom furniture pieces, and when required liaising with clients and the workshop on matters relating to custom furniture pieces
- assisting with the planning and organisation of photoshoots as well as processing resulting imagery
- assisting with the planning and organisation of exhibitions and in-store events
- communicating with our graphic designers when printed collateral (postcards, brochures etc) or advertisements are required
- assisting with onboarding new product and web updates. This includes updating images, diagrams and product descriptions
- attending to clients in our showroom and on the telephone
- planning and implementing shop window displays, updating point of sale, ordering window vinyl’s whilst making sure the showroom looks its best on a day-to-day basis
- providing administrative support across the team as required, enabling the completion of essential tasks in a timely, accurate and organised manner
- updating brand presentations ahead of our sales manager’s client meetings
- dealing with press enquires and furniture loans
- packing and dispatching of accessory orders
- ordering packaging materials, hardware and material samples and dispatching to clients and our workshops as required
- degree (or comparable experience) in furniture design
- previous showroom/front of house experience would be an advantage
- ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure, with excellent attention to detail
- enthusiastic and self–motivated team player with confidence to take one’s own initiative
- good knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & Indesign)
- 3D drawing skills (Sketchup essential, other 3D programs a bonus)
- basic image retouching, resizing skills
- organised and able to juggle multiple tasks, prioritising urgent or important items
- a strong interest in furniture and design and an affinity with the Another Country brand
- fluency in English is a prerequisite
- hours: 09:30-18:00 flexibility with days including Saturdays
Please send a copy of your CV and a single page covering letter expressing your interest and why you might be suitable for the position via the ‘apply’ link below.