Another Country is looking for a sales manager with experience in furniture to join its showroom in Marylebone, London.
Founded in 2010, Another Country is a value-driven furniture and lifestyle brand, designing and making contemporary craft furniture and accessories at a sustainable level.
Personable, well presented and confident, you’ll hold a passion for and good knowledge of contemporary furniture. You will be a sociable team player who can get on well in our small team, as support in different areas of the business will be required.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible as this is a role we would like filled quickly. Although training will be provided, a good level of product knowledge is a must, as well as being able to navigate and understand sales processes. Experience of CRM, using ERP and/or website e-commerce software and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluent English speaking is essential.
Whilst an element of flexibility exists, this is generally not a home working role so you’ll be expected to come into the showroom most days. Showroom hours are Tuesday to Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturday 11am to 4pm and the role is based on 40 hours per week. Note that due to the current situation we are operating on an appointment basis until further notice.
Main duties include, but not limited to:
- managing the appointment calendar, greeting and assisting customers at the showroom
- reacting to and following up on, all inbound retail, trade and wholesale sales enquiries, raising and sending quotations and Pro Forma invoices
- liaising with the production and logistics team to keep customers regularly updated on their orders, coordinating and resolving damages and customer service claims, carrying out logistical tasks where required
- proactively searching for and pursuing new leads from online sources and industry journals
- proactively engaging with prospects and customers in order to build and maintain professional relationships and drive sales
- working to monthly and annual sales targets and managing and the sales forecast, producing sales reports where required
- negotiating with customers in order to convert quotation to sale and drive sales
- keeping up to date with industry news, maintaining an awareness of our direct competitors and holding an understanding of the comparative products and price points
Although the role will be mainly showroom based, you will also be encouraged to arrange and attend meetings, initially remotely and eventually in-person. These will be with UK and internationally based trade customers; architects, interior designers and contract dealers alike, to deliver on product presentations and be the face of the brand. Therefore an ability and willingness to travel is a must.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual wanting to grow and progress their career in sales.
Salary to be based on experience.
This post is open to individual applicants only. No recruitment agents please.
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the ‘apply’ link below.