Nike is looking for an apparel computational designer to join its team in Portland, USA.
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Department: NXT digital innovation
The NXT Digital Innovation team provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets and services. We are seeking an apparel computational designer 1 who has a strong design portfolio and demonstrated solid experience in computational design software, experience in apparel product design is a benefit.
As our apparel computational designer 1, you’ll work with the apparel design team to design products and streamline product design, development and manufacturing, leveraging computational design. You’ll use computational design tools to help design great product. You will have an understanding of computational design best practices. You also are familiar with advanced digital skills such as Maya and ZBrush. In your portfolio of work, you should have clear examples of how you’ve worked on products with complex design requirements. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and participate in the creation of best-in-class product.
- work hands-on to digitally design products leveraging industry standard computational design technologies
- learn and take direction from senior computational designers on best practices and apparel design
- multi-task and concurrently execute on several products
- partner on the product lifecycle process with the design and development organizations
- participate on multiple interdisciplinary project teams
- clearly communicate project status and manage priorities with leadership input
- ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
- solid oral and written communication skills
Requirements for the position include:
- bachelor’s degree in industrial design or architecture
- in lieu of degree, two plus years’ of work experience in a similar role
- several examples of successfully launched products that demonstrate complex product design solutions
- at least two plus years’ experience using 2D and 3D design software
- at least two plus years’ experience in computational design or advanced CAD design
- ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- must be organized, able to act independently as well as take direction, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- can work with grace under pressure
- intermediate skills with Rhino, Grasshopper and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- intermediate skills with Maya, ZBrush, Processing
- entry-level skills with Python, CLO3D
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Primary location: US, Oregon, Portland
Travel: yes, 10% of the time
Recruiter: Chris Hopkins
Drug screen required: no
Band (do not edit): L
Background check required: yes
Non-compete required: yes
Relocation available: yes
Please send applications using the ‘apply’ link below.