Architecture Project (AP) is looking for a director of innovation to join its growing team in Valletta, Malta.
AP is a growing, award-winning design practice operating in the fields of contemporary architecture, urban planning, interior design, restoration theory and practice, structural and civil engineering services, as well as education, research and publishing.
AP is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on and enthusiastic person to join its board of management as director of innovation whose role will be to keep the practice focused on future and long-term development. They will be working within a dynamic and challenging environment to influence change, provide leadership and to deliver solutions to meet business needs and goals.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in identifying and developing novel opportunity platforms that can help develop a strategic framework for the creative practice by providing meaningful new services and products in architecture and in other fields related to architecture.
They will have experience in establishing strong links with brand management and R&D in order to leverage existing brand assets and to promote new products and processes.
- work collaboratively with the AP team and its local and international network, as well as the business sector, to influence, change, provide leadership and deliver solutions which meet business needs and goal
- monitor market trends to identify innovation opportunities and propose solutions that bring value to the practice at AP
- point to next-best investment areas and follow the consumer’s needs and interests to develop competitively advantaged services and products
- facilitate internal workshops and reviews that create a sense of discovery and prioritise ideas for innovation
- mentor and develop talent for innovation in the team
- find new ways to make thought leadership content relevant and to advance the practice
- analyse and review data from multiple operational sources to make informed, authoritative technical and professional recommendations to improve business performance in the medium and longer term
- monitor the practice’s quality assurance procedures in adherence with ISO 9001
- run the day-to-day management of the Innovation pillar within the practice and operate within a budget
- a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; a degree in architecture or related fields of study would be an asset
- enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- proven ability to work individually as well as in collaborative settings
- good leadership skills, outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- highly developed attention to detail
- comprehensive understanding of digital technologies
- proficiency in verbal and written communication in English. Proficiency in Maltese would be considered an asset
- proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office. Any additional knowledge of other related software would be considered an asset
- previous experience in innovation, management, or research would be an asset
To apply, please submit a CV and a covering letter (no larger than 5MB) using the ‘apply’ link below no later than 22 May 2018. Please include references.
Application deadline: 22 May 2018