Architecture Project is looking for a media and communications manager to join its practice in Valletta, Malta.
Architecture Project (AP) is a growing, award-winning design practice operating in the fields of contemporary architecture, urban planning, interior design, restoration theory and practice, structural and civil engineering services, as well as education, research and publishing.
AP is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on and enthusiastic person to join its team as media and communications manager. The main responsibilities of the role will include internal and external communications, public relations, website and social media management, press enquiries and the coordination of business development-related activities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing, communication and organisational skills, creativity, a good eye for design, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment. Bachelor’s degree and previous experience in Media & Communications within the Cultural and Creative sector is strongly recommended.
- work with the board of management to create strategy programmes in support of the practice’s vision and philosophy
- work directly with design directors and project teams to realize a variety of communication material, including award submissions, profile material, publications and presentations
- write press releases, articles and digital media content to document and promote project milestones, awards, exhibitions, lectures, press coverage and events
- organise projects photography and video shoots
- follow up publication and media requests in a timely and professional manner
- develop a strong media contact network and identify press and speaking opportunities
- maintain PR and project information databases for press, project photography and other editorial-related files
- coordinate project visits, lectures, events and exhibitions
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in architecture or related fields of study; previous experience in media and communications within the cultural and creative sector is considered an asset
- proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office is required
- excellent writing skills in English, communication and organisational skill are required; other languages are considered an asset
To apply, please submit a CV and a covering letter (no larger than 5MB) using the ‘apply’ link below. Please include references.