Media and communications manager
at AP Valletta
AP Valletta has an opportunity for a media and communications manager to join its team in Valletta, Malta.
AP Valletta is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on and enthusiastic person to join its team as media and communications manager. The main responsibilities of the role will include internal and external communications, public relations, website and social media management, press enquiries and the coordination of business development-related activities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing, communication and organisational skills, creativity, a good eye for design and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment. Bachelor’s degree and previous experience in media and communications within the cultural and creative sector is strongly recommended.
- work with the board of management to create strategy programmes in support of the practice’s vision and philosophy
- work directly with design directors and project teams to realise a variety of communication material, including award submissions, profile material, publications and presentations
- write press releases, articles and digital media content to document and promote project milestones, awards, exhibitions, lectures, press coverage and events
- analyse engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online
- organise projects’ photography and video shoots
- follow up publication and media requests in a timely and professional manner
- develop a strong media contact network and identify press and speaking opportunities
- maintain PR and project information databases for press, project photography and other editorial-related files
- coordinate project visits, lectures, events and exhibitions
- a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in either creative disciplines or marketing and communications or related fields of study
- previous experience in similar roles within the cultural and creative sector is considered an asset
- mastering the use of social media and WordPress is required
- proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office is required
- excellent writing skills in English, communication and organisational skill are required; other languages are considered an asset
- basic knowledge of CMS and video making/editing tools are considered an asset
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter (no larger than 5MB) via the apply for job button below with the subject line: Media and communications manager. Please include references.
Application deadline: 20 February 2023