APS Homes is looking for an architectural technician to join its team in Bath, UK.
APS Homes are looking for a part-time architectural technician/Part 1 architectural assistant to join its team in Bath, UK. The ideal candidate should possess excellent design and organisational skills together with a passion for building sustainable architecture.
We are a small team and work collaboratively with external consultants to deliver architecture across the South West region, all within a friendly environment that supports personal and professional development. We encourage each person to take on individual areas of responsibility and develop specialisms that are of interest to them and which add to the greater knowledge base of the office. We have set ourselves ambitious goals to embed sustainability in every project we deliver, using Modern Methods of Construction and green technologies and practices from the outset.
Our workload is a mix of large heritage/listed building projects, new build residential developments and master planning, and the successful candidate will assist with an expanding portfolio of projects at various stages from pre-planning through to working drawings.
Ideal candidate will have:
- personal motivation and discipline to work independently as well as within a team environment; to be supportive of and, supported by, others
- clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills essential in working with internal teams and external clients and consultants
- an ability to carefully analyse problems, to generate appropriate solutions,
- the ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload
- enthusiastic about working as part of a dynamic and energetic team, happy to assist wherever required
Some keys skills we’re looking for:
- fluency in 2D AutoCAD essential
- technical know-how – knowledge, experience, and interest in sustainable building practices and building performance – especially timber frame construction
- a good understanding of the RIBA work stages, UK building regulations and a general handle on town planning policies
- 3D modelling skills using Google SketchUp is desirable
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Our commitment to you:
- we can offer you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across various scales from conception to completion
- a competitive salary, alongside a company laptop to facilitate a flexible working arrangement of days in the office and days at home to suit
- the opportunity to be part of a collaborative team within a friendly and social workspace
To apply, please send a CV and concise portfolio showcasing your working drawing knowledge and any residential focused work, to the link below.
APS Homes is an equal opportunities employer, we strive to make a working environment that is friendly and inclusive and we welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Unfortunately, due to the likely volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Strictly no recruitment agencies, please.