Architecture for London has an opportunity for a studio manager to join its team in London.
We are looking for a studio manager with experience in architecture and/or design-related workplaces to carry out administrative roles within a thriving young practice in Clerkenwell.
The ideal candidate should be looking to build experience and responsibility but also be willing to carry out the basic tasks required in supporting a busy practice.
Both full-time and part-time applications will be considered.
Responsibilities will include:
- general office management
- human resources
- ensure that the studio complies with statutory obligations, including health and safety
- CPD organisation and training
- assisting architects with administrative tasks and document control
- prepare and edit documents, reports and letters
- studio maintenance and housekeeping
- ICT support
- help prepare and maintain contents of website, blog and social media platforms
- assist in preparing expressions of interest and awards submissions
- prepare press packs and material for publishing
- assisting with organising office-related events
- liaising with accountants
- invoicing clients
- managing online accountancy programme
- assisting with production of fee proposals, payment schedules, forecasts and accounts
- previous experience of using Workflow Max, Xero and Receipt Bank is strongly beneficial
- managing HR
- monitoring timesheets and annual leave
- ordering product materials samples
- monitoring office supplies, stationery and equipment
- diary management
- maintain and review subscriptions, bills and insurances
- experience in a similar role, preferably within the design industries
- a solid knowledge of Adobe InDesign, and Apple Pages and Numbers is required
- excellent organisational skills
- strong communicator
- high standard of written and spoken English
- proactive and logical approach to problem-solving
- ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- proof-reading experience
- understanding of GDPR principles
- interest in architecture
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.