ArchitecturePLB is looking for a practice administrator to become part of its team in Winchester, UK.
Practice administrator – Winchester
Are you an enthusiastic, personable and efficient administrator, happy to get on with day-to-day administrative tasks but also able to step up and take responsibility as necessary? If so, this exciting opportunity to join our team at ArchitecturePLB on a full-time basis may be right for you.
Your new company
ArchitecturePLB is an award-winning architectural practice, based in Winchester and London. Our portfolio includes a broad range of education ad residential projects as well as unique civic and cultural buildings. The teams in both offices are friendly, busy and energised by the projects they work on.
For further information about our practice please visit our website.
Your new role
You will be an important member of our creative team and will assume responsibility for all administrative office requirements within our Winchester studio – assisting and supporting directors and staff there.
- reception duties such as; answering calls, greeting visitors, dealing with any queries, organising refreshments for meetings, maintaining a tidy ‘front of house’, handling mail, couriers and special deliveries
- administrative duties such as; organising and purchasing office supplies from stationery to the milk delivery, managing cleanliness and the upkeep of the office – liaising with suppliers as needed, organising and managing external meetings/events and practice days and outings, booking travel, hotels and restaurants
- project team duties such as; diary management for the directors and for practice-wide events, data entry, providing occasional support to the project teams as well as general filing, photocopying and document binding. Also organising lunchtime CPD training seminars including liaising with external presenters, maintaining records and organising sandwich lunches
- facilities management duties such as; ensuring the upkeep of the office including identifying and liaising with contractors about planned maintenance or issues, record keeping, supplier reviews and maintenance of external communal areas
- quality assurance and environmental duties such as; assisting with the implementation and management of ISO 9001 and ISO 14004 including preparing for the annual external audit in conjunction with directors. Assisting in the undertaking of internal audits, maintaining records and ensuring training and communication take place about QA and environmental targets
- health and safety duties such as; arranging and minuting monthly meetings with directors, actioning changes, booking all statutory H&S training for staff, keeping records and ensuring accreditations are up to date and undertaking risk assessments
What you’ll need to succeed
You will be someone who is positive, enthusiastic and personable, have excellent communication and organisational skills, be able to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure, while maintaining an excellent eye for detail and accuracy. You will be someone who is comfortable taking on a variety of tasks and owning their delivery. You are likely to have had two years’ experience in an office-based administrative role.
You will be proficient in working with Microsoft Office and also using video/teleconferencing.
Previous experience working in an architect’s practice or another construction consultancy is advantageous, as is previous involvement in ISO 9001 and 14001.
What you’ll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary, in line with your skills and experience, along with an attractive benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you have what it takes to succeed, please apply now with your CV and cover letter.
We regret that due to volume, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within ten days of submitting your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
ArchitecturePLB is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.