Argento is looking for an architectural assistant to join its head office in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Belfast based multi-channel retailer Argento was founded in 1997 and has now grown to 30 plus stores throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are currently seeking a talented Part 1 or Part 2 architectural assistant to join our fast-paced team working for the Argento Group, including Angus Properties and Lets’ Go Hydro, Belfast International Watersports Ltd.
Job title: architectural assistant
Location: based in Belfast – the role may involve some travel throughout Northern Ireland, Ireland and the UK (valid driving licence and vehicle required)
Contract: one year fixed-term contract
Salary: dependent on experience
The successful candidate will work with our property architect and property team to design and deliver a pipeline of exciting development projects within the Argento Group, including both new build and heritage refurbishment, in sectors including office, residential, retail and leisure.
Based in Belfast the role will include but not be limited to:
- site surveys
- design (layout/furniture)
- planning applications, submissions and liaison
- building control applications, submission and liaison
The ideal candidate will be versatile and have strong design ability as well as a good level of construction knowledge.
For this position the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
- Part 1 or Part 2 architecture degree
- some experience in the preparation and submission of planning and building control applications
- excellent AutoCAD skills
- excellent SketchUp skills
- excellent problem-solving skills
- excellent 3D visualisation and presentation skills
- strong technical detailing skills
- demonstrate some level of construction knowledge/experience
- great attention to detail with strong planning and organisational skills
- excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- solutions focused on multiple projects
- project architect
- property manager
- maintenance team
- other internal and external contractors
Job benefits and perks:
Argento’s mission is to encourage a high-performing culture so that we can be the most loved brand to work for.
We value and respect all our employees and to thank them for all their hard work, dedication and passion we offer a generous benefits package, to highlight only a few:
- annual leave and family-friendly policies
- auto-enrolment pension scheme
- tax-free childcare scheme
- generous staff discount
- opportunity to progress to other roles
If you fit all the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please download and complete an application form from our website and submit with your updated CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria.
Closing Date: 11 July 2019 at 12pm.
Shortlisted candidates must be available for interview week commencing 15th July 2019 and ideally available for an immediate start.