Arne Maynard Garden Design is seeking a senior garden designer or senior landscape architect to join its team in Bath, UK.
This role will be based at Arne Maynard Garden Design’s studio, Gallaway House, 3 North Parade Buildings Bath BA1 1NS. The salary is negotiable.
Main purpose of job
The senior garden designer/senior landscape architect will join the senior garden design team at AMGD to support the development and management of an exciting range of private landscape projects in the UK, USA and Europe. The role will help manage the wider team of garden designers, providing regular guidance and mentoring, to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Professional skills required:
- degree in landscape/garden design or landscape architecture; ideally chartered member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI)
- significant demonstrable experience in the delivery of complex, multifaceted projects in a garden design or landscape architecture practice, to high-net-worth clients (min five years)
- excellent technical, horticultural and plant knowledge, ideally RHS Level 2 and 3
- high level of creativity and design ability
- conversant in all stages of project development and ability and experience to take the initiative in moving a project forward, from the initial consultation to concept design, construction, implementation and management
- strong experience of client management and liaison
- demonstrable experience in the preparation of a wide range of plans, from concept to detailed specification (portfolio will be requested)
- advanced knowledge of all systems and processes relevant to the role including CMap, CAD and rendering skills across Vectorworks 2D, SketchUp, Lumion and Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite to include spreadsheet and word processing software
- excellent report writing skills with strong attention to detail
- if applying from overseas, relevant permit to work in the UK must be evidenced
- clean UK driving license is a requirement of this role, which includes site and research visits and sometimes involves travel to more remote locations
Personal skills and attributes required:
- responsible, hard-working, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- professional friendly demeanour as well as excellent verbal and written skills
- willingness and aptitude for working collaboratively as part of a team, both the AMGD team and external architects, project managers, contractors and other suppliers
- ability to self-manage time and workloads and help manage those of more junior garden designers within the team
- ability to take direction, including ability to pick up and manage design adjustments provided by the principal designer and coordinate amendments with assistants
- strong time management, critical thinking and organisational skills
- passionate about gardens, particularly in the residential sector
Health and safety:
- all staff will adhere to the current health and safety policy within the company and, as appropriate to their role, adopt and adhere to the established risk assessment procedures
- all staff have a responsibility to ensure their working environment is healthy and safe and that staff and volunteers for whom they are responsible are not placed at risk
- AMGD offers a comprehensive package of employee benefits
Please apply via the apply for job button below.