Dubai Design Week has an opportunity for a communication/PR manager to join its team in Dubai, UAE.
Position: communications/PR manager
Location: based in Dubai or able to relocate
This role is responsible for providing communications and PR execution throughout the design division at the Art Dubai Group, which includes Dubai Design Week, Downtown Design and Global Grad Show, specialising in media relations and generating press coverage, international as well as regional, as well as developing content for internal as well as external channels including digital and print materials. This role also provides a point of contact for stakeholders such as exhibitors and partners for the company’s portfolio of events in relation to communications commitments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- position the events in accordance with the key messages and goals in the region and internationally
- implementing the key messaging for the respective accounts; the distinguished tones of voice, styles, and objectives
- overall communications coordination, across marketing and PR channels including liaising with appointed PR agencies
- copywriting and content development across the events portfolio
- assistance on event photography/videography briefings and scheduling
- consistent content management and development
- fulfilment of sponsor communications obligations and campaign support
- coordination of press collateral and materials in collaboration with the production team
- develop press relations, contacts and media coverage across prior to, during and post events
- support key stakeholders and develop opportunities
- year-round support on communication angles, including execution and research
- liaison with target publications and for activations, media partnerships and cross promotions
- manage and evaluate media planning and media buying strategies
- press tracking and reporting on coverage and statistics across all PR and marketing channels
The candidate must have the following:
- minimum four year’s work experience executing and managing PR and communications channels and strategy
- excellent English written and verbal capabilities
- a strong eye for detail, visual aesthetics and interest for design and the cultural scene
- ability to keep learning and adapting the strategy in a highly dynamic company
- a team player able to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- good relationship building skills and motivation to maximise opportunities
- knowledge of Photoshop and/or InDesign preferred
- strong communication skills and a team player
This will be a demanding role with excellent opportunities to grow in a very dynamic and fast-growing company.
Please supply a CV of no more than two pages and a cover note that explains in no more than 500 words how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role, using the ‘apply’ link below.