Article 25 has an opportunity for a project architect to join its busy team in Myanmar.
Article 25 is an international development charity based in central London delivering construction projects around the world. As the UK’s leading architectural aid charity we design, manage and deliver sustainable building solutions in areas affected by disaster, poverty and need.
We believe that by making our skills and designs available where they are most needed, but rarely available, we can make a real difference in helping communities meet their basic needs and create a healthier society.
We are currently seeking a motivated, skillful project architect with experience in international development to join our team in Myanmar improving healthcare buildings in Yangon (Rangoon).
The successful candidate will provide senior design skills in a
programme requiring the following experience:
- RIBA Part-III qualified or equivalent
- four+ years’ experience post-qualification in practice
- experience in and understanding of the development and
- ability to coordinate consultant teams both in the UK and
- strong communication skills to effectively promote best
practice among team members and other agencies
- excellent project and people management skills
- sensitivity and understanding of complex cultural and
- strong technical skills and experience working with
historic buildings advantageous
- experience working in international development and with
- strong observational skills in working with contract
documents and undertaking site visits
- effective communicator/educator
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply design skills where they will make the greatest difference and participate in the transformation of Myanmar’s healthcare infrastructure as the country transitions to an active democracy.
Article 25 is an NGO team of construction professionals designing built solutions in areas affected by disaster, poverty and need throughout the world.
Current projects include:
- reinvigoration of Yangon General Hospital
- post-earthquake school reconstruction, Haiti
- children’s clinic in Morocco
- inclusive pre-school in Tanzania
- hospital buildings in Nepal
Deadline: apply now for immediate consideration
and deployment from July 2018
Salary: to be negotiated
Duration: initially nine months with potential to extend
Terms: full-time, based in Myanmar
To apply: Submit a covering letter, CV and
sample of your work by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.